VMware Cloud Community
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

webservice.compatiblewith1x

Has anyone seen this error before? We are getting that when you try to open virtual center management configuration.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Probably caused by this...

http://www.vmware.com/support/vi3/doc/releasenotes_vc202.html

A New Setting Added to Enable or Disable VirtualCenter 1.x Backward Compatibility

This release adds a new setting to the Web Server Settings dialog screen to enable or disable VirtualCenter 1.x backward compatibility. Unlike previous versions, where the selection option was available only during installation and setup, this option is now available in the VirtualCenter Management Server Configuration screen and is accessible any time.

Note: Changes to settings require a manual restart of VirtualCenter server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This error seemed to be caused by having a newer version of the VC client than what was installed on the VC itself.

/nothing to see here...move along Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
SArnold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same issue. My Virtual Center server is running 2.0.1. I receive the error when running from the Virtual Center server using the 2.0.1 client And I get the error when running the 2.0.2 client on my PC remotely. VMware Guru's out there Please HELP!

0 Kudos
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try updating both to the newer version...that worked for us.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Probably caused by this...

http://www.vmware.com/support/vi3/doc/releasenotes_vc202.html

A New Setting Added to Enable or Disable VirtualCenter 1.x Backward Compatibility

This release adds a new setting to the Web Server Settings dialog screen to enable or disable VirtualCenter 1.x backward compatibility. Unlike previous versions, where the selection option was available only during installation and setup, this option is now available in the VirtualCenter Management Server Configuration screen and is accessible any time.

Note: Changes to settings require a manual restart of VirtualCenter server.

0 Kudos
SArnold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you have any input on how to manually re-enable 1.x Backward Compatibility?

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Go into VC, Administration, VirtualCenter Management Server Configuration and select Web Service, you can enable it there.

0 Kudos
SArnold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That is the issue. When I select Administration > VirtualCenter Managment Server Configuration I immediately receive the error:

WebService.CompatibleWith1x

0 Kudos
SArnold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have also tried the following and I still receive the same error:

1. Edit the registry and set value of CompatibleWith1xWebService to 1

in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/VMware, Inc./VMware VirtualCenter

2. Restart VirtualCenter service

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Look at the registry on the VC server and try changing the value there...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VirtualCenter\CompatibleWith1xWebService

"1" is enabled, blank is usually disabled.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Maybe connecting to VC 2.0.1 with the 2.0.2 client is what caused it. That is generally not recommended, you want to always use the same VI Client as the VC Server. Upgrading the server to 2.0.2 will probably resolve it.

0 Kudos
vmNewb35
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That's strange that you are having so many issues with this. Once I updated the VC to match the client my "issue" went away. I am going to heed Eric's words and make sure that we don't upgrade one without the other in the future....as I think we were fortunate not to get any more issues than we did.

0 Kudos