VMware Communities
synapco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Fusion 1 and burning a CD

In the past I was able to burn my CDs from OS X even with Fusion open. Now when I insert a CD to burn it (while having the OS X desktop active) the CD starts in Fusion?? Anyone else have this problem?

Other than this problem - Fusion 1 appears to be faster (at least for me) and more responsive. Very excellent version 1.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Your viutual machine probably has control of the optical drive (glowing blue CD icon). Click it and select "Disconnect CD/DVD" to be able to use CDs in OS X.

0 Kudos
hks22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same behavior here.

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can disconnect the cdrom drive from the Virtual Machine by going to the Virtual Machine menu and scrolling down to cd/dvd and disconnecting the drive. You can also go into the Virtual Machine settings while the Virtual Machine is powere down and uncheck the connect box. With this setting the drive will not automatically connect in the future and you can use the menu I mentioned first to connect it when you want the cdrom to show up in the Virtual Machine.

0 Kudos
hks22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, works just as you described.

0 Kudos
synapco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks etung. saw that and of course said no it can not be that simple - smack smack smack - now i feel better or is that dumber - oh well thanks.

0 Kudos