VMware Communities
EMR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Expectations for RC2 and/or GA

Brilliant work, VMware! I can see that preliminary support for Unity under Vista has been achieved. I'm confident the minor glitches remaining (artifacts, low-resolution Dock icons, etc.) will be ironed out in the next few weeks.

I have two questions, though:

1. Would it be realistic to expect Aero support for RC2, GA or even for an update that might appear in the not-too-distant future after release? Or, on the contrary, would that come, if at all, at a considerably later stage, like, say, in Fusion 2.0, for which an upgrade fee will be required?

2. Same question for some kind of snapshot manager.

Thank you for an amazing product.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SMB1
Expert
Expert

1. Would it be realistic to expect Aero support for

RC2, GA or even for an update that might appear in

the not-too-distant future after release? Or, on the

contrary, would that come, if at all, at a

considerably later stage, like, say, in Fusion 2.0,

for which an upgrade fee will be required?

No. Aero requires DirectX 9 acceleration, Fusion currently provides experimental DirectX 8.1. I wouldn't think that we can expect DX9 support until the major release after Fusion 1.0 at the earliest.

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks for your kind words, the team really appreciates your support.

With regards to setting expectations, VMware Fusion 1.0 is now feature complete with the release candidate. We don't be adding additional features or enhancing experimental features for GA, the goal at this point is to make sure we release the most stable and solid product and we will only fix critical crashing bugs between now and GA.

With regards to your feature requests, we can't comment on future releases and schedules. However, we know that greater 3D support and more enhanced snapshots are of great interest to a wide number of users. We will be keeping these features in mind as we plan future product releases.

Thanks for your interest in VMware Fusion.

Best,

Pat Lee

Senior Product Manager - Mac Products

VMware

0 Kudos