VMware Communities
wdeboer
Contributor
Contributor

Clipping and context problems using Unity

I have just installed the new beta version of VMWare and directly reinstalled the VMWare Tools and tried out the Unity functionality. The appear to be some problems with it. At first if you enable Unity while having Visual Studio 2005 running and then start a Firefox application and press F10. You happen to get a redraw error in Expose where the Firefox window image is correctly, but the image for VS is overlapped by the Firefox. This appears only to happen the first time.

Now if I clip out of the Unity mode I am getting clip errors within Windows. See the attached screenshot.

Beside of that it works really snappy and looks promising.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
wdeboer
Contributor
Contributor

Picture

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I have just installed the new beta version of VMWare and directly reinstalled the VMWare Tools and tried out the Unity functionality. The appear to be some problems with it. At first if you enable Unity while having Visual Studio 2005 running and then start a Firefox application and press F10. You happen to get a redraw error in Expose where the Firefox window image is correctly, but the image for VS is overlapped by the Firefox. This appears only to happen the first time.

You didn't include the picture, but I think I know what you're talking about. This happens if the FF and VS windows are overlapping, right? If so, this is a known issue.

0 Kudos
wdeboer
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, the bloody attach files doesn't appear to work in this hemisphere.

You can find it at: http://www.dustyfrog.nl/dropbox/unity_redraw_bug_001.gif

About the overlapping the problem occured after I returned from the Unity mode, though. Not while using the mode. I will try if I can reproduce the problem at home.

0 Kudos
HPReg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Weird. I have experienced that as well internally, but thought I was on drug. It probably is our bug.

0 Kudos
wdeboer
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to report it! It would be nice if you smart people are able to fix it! Still nice. Really impressive stuff already. I don't have reproduce steps for this problem, though. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Linh_My
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Add me to the list of users that would like the issue either fixed or explained.

0 Kudos
HPReg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

wdeboer, Linh My:

We don't know what this issue is about yet. If you guys can come up with a reproducible way to trigger it, please let us know.

0 Kudos