VMware Communities
Andreas_Masur
Expert
Expert

OT: Thank you very much VMware

I know that this is more or less off-topic however, after reading the latest additions at your competitor's forum...it really seems getting worse...new versions without public announcements of the changes, no support at all disregarding whether registered user or not, virtually no support in the forums any longer, unstable release software etc.

It's these times where I really appreciate what you guys are doing...not only in terms of the software application itself but rather the whole development process. I am still amazed by the level of support of VMware engineers and management here in the forums. I have limited experience with VMware so I cannot say whether this is common for them or rather because this time they are not leading the market (yet) as some people have publically expressed.

However, I have been a software developer and also the man in the middle between the developers and the customer and it is not always easy to satisfy both of them - at least not at the same time. Smiley Wink

But what I have figured so far is simply that it is not bad to have the one or another issue with a release software as long as you work with the customer and take care of him. Simply ignoring customer's voice and providing software with heavily advertised features that are experimental does not lead to further income...glad it took only 80$ to get me that lesson...

Anyway....just wanted to say thanks for your support...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShaneAH
Contributor
Contributor

Seconded! Keep up the good work fellas!

0 Kudos
pierrel
Contributor
Contributor

I absolutely agree. I have been using this latest beta daily for the last week, and I have seen only minor glitches (mostly related to screen refresh). I purchased and used a competing product during the last year, but I now much prefer VMWare which I find more reliable. Finally, many thanks to those who contribute to this forum, where I found answers to many of my problems.

0 Kudos