2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2007 8:53 AM by mreferre

Citrix Desktop Server

mreferre Virtuoso

For those of you that missed this:

http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/product.asp?contentID=163057

If I remember well my early discussion with Citrix this was supposed to be an interim solution between the current CPS + free add-on CDB and the final Citrix target which is a "non-proxy" connection broker with ICA on the XP vm etc etc.

I guess that the main benefits of this Citrix Desktop Server Vs the current CPS + Citrix Desktop Broker is $$$$$. Currently you need to buy a full Citrix P.S. license to use the Desktop Broker piece ...... with the Desktop Server (hopefully) the price will be lower as it is a "dedicated" infrastructure that is only able to broker desktop (basically a streamlined CPS + CDB).

Let's see what turns out .......

Massimo.

• 1. Re: Citrix Desktop Server
          davlloyd Expert

I looked at there Broker offering a few months back that they provided us. Looking at the right up and trying to read between the lines to ascertain if this is the same product, just bundled in one suite instead of being a bolt on.

• 2. Re: Citrix Desktop Server
            mreferre Virtuoso

That is it I guess.

Same features at a lower cost (which doesn't hurt) although I usually say that if you claim to be lower than the current 400€ ......(more or less) I am curious to see if it's 399 or 69 ......... they are both below 400 but .....

Massimo.