1 person found this helpful
What application do you use to "connect" to your localhost? Do you use any firewall on that machine?
I am running on WinXP. I am trying to connect to the VM using the VMWare Server console. I have already read some stuffs and switched off the firewalls now - both Windows firewall and Mcafee firewall on the system. Even with the firewalls turned off, I still get Error
One thing I noticed is that the vmserverdWin32.exe is running under SYSTEM user while vmware.exe is running under my own user name. I dont know if this has anything to do with it. I have checked the processes and all these are running under the SYSTEM user:
vmnat, vmnetdhcp, vmount2, vmserverdWin32 and vmware-authd.
Incidentally I was running this previously with the firewalls all turned on and I never had the same issue. I ran the VMWare Server from about early november until last week without any problems though the firewalls were there all through that time.
the error i still continue to get is
"Error writing to vmware-authd socket. error 10013"
I am still hoping you can help in one way or the other. Up till now I have now found a resolution to the problem. I have disabled all firewalls and still have the same problem: error 10013
error 10013 is a permission denied error. Start there.
hey i am having the same problem so please let me know if anyone knows the solution.
Unfortunately I have not been able to find any viable solution. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times even going to the extent of removing all vm related directories and files in logs and temp. I have used various tools to monitor my traffic and try to see what is going on under the hood. The unfortunate things is that VMWare Corporation should have a simple fix to this and yet no one has considered it fit to monitor the forum and say this is what you should do to reconfigure things. Very Very SAD.
I read in a McAfee forum that shutingdown ther service McAfee Redirector would help.
Which it dit for me
Thanks. It helps.
This post saved my sanity. Just to pile-on and hopefully make it easier to find for others:
I was getting all these error messages when trying to connect to localhost:
Error writing to vmware-authd socket. error 10013
Vmdb error -32: Pipe: Read failed
Failed to do SSL handshake
Stopping the McAfee redirector service did the trick. I'm using XPPro SP2. None of the other 20 things I tried made much difference.
Hi, I had the same problem, and thanks for the advice. I was worried what vulnerabilities this exposed me to though, so trolled around and found this:
Hope it helps.
This thread helped.
Hmm, i wasn't using mcafee (symantec).
Had tried re-installing with no change.
I tried connecting to a remote machine (instead of localhost) and entered my domain credentials and it worked ok for me.