VMware Cloud Community
lukaslang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Renaming of Tag Category fails

Hi,

we ran into an interesting issue. While renaming a Tag Category we receive the following error:

com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.invalid_argument {'messages': [], 'data':}

At line:1 char:24

+ Get-TagCategory XXX | Set-TagCategory -Name "XXXXX"

+                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo      : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-TagCategory], CisException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ViCore.Impl.V1.Service.Tagging.Cis.TaggingServiceCisImpl.SetCategory.Error,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.Tagging.SetTagCategory

This Category was originally created on a newly deployed vCSA 6.5 and updated to 6.7 U3. If I create a new Tag Category, assign Tags and Tag Objects with them, there is no problem renaming the category afterwards.

The same thing happens in our DEV environment, which was already updated to 7.0.

We tried the local Admin User and AD Users. Nothing changed.

Has anyone experienced something similar before?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
worine2
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me also

If you want to get genuine reviews of products online then you can visit the popular site shoutusreview.com.
0 Kudos
lukaslang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Were you able to sort it out or do you had to recreate the whole category including tags etc.? That would be a real pain in the a.

0 Kudos
lukaslang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok, small update to this:

vCenter 7 U1a seems to resolve the issue. Since I went directly to U1a, I cannot tell if U1 would do the same.

In vCenter 6.7 U3k the issue remains.

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Something similar happened to me today we wanted to assign -EntityType either via gui or PowerShell and we were unable.

vSphere 6.7 U3. 

0 Kudos