VMware Cloud Community
jamiestarr66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Log Insight licensing

Hello all

I have a NSX-T 3.0 Advanced license key, it is my understanding I can license Log Insight with the NSX-T key.  What limitations/restrictions would be

imposed on the Log Insight deployment if I used the NSX-T 3.0 license?

Thanks in advance..

Jamie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cederberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

According to this KB from VMware you are entitled to a VMware Log Insight CPU license per NSX Advanced license you have.
VMware Knowledge Base

It seems to be a limited license. in the KB it says "this version is limited (by EULA) to vSphere and NSX log data and Content Packs only. Customers will have to buy licenses for other types of log generating devices such as, network hardware and Linux/Windows."

If you scroll down to the compare section of this link you can see the difference of the "Full" and NSX license types.

What is vRealize Log Insight? | Log Management | VMware

Regards.
//Mattias

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Cederberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

According to this KB from VMware you are entitled to a VMware Log Insight CPU license per NSX Advanced license you have.
VMware Knowledge Base

It seems to be a limited license. in the KB it says "this version is limited (by EULA) to vSphere and NSX log data and Content Packs only. Customers will have to buy licenses for other types of log generating devices such as, network hardware and Linux/Windows."

If you scroll down to the compare section of this link you can see the difference of the "Full" and NSX license types.

What is vRealize Log Insight? | Log Management | VMware

Regards.
//Mattias

0 Kudos
jamiestarr66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great, thanks for taking the time to answer this.  I appreciate it.

0 Kudos