VMware Cloud Community
ITAd_RO
Contributor
Contributor

VMware: Virtual Data Protection (VDP) Backup job stop after start

Dear All,

Good day to all of you. My apologies that im newbie in VDP backup on VMWare. I have an issue on my VDP (virtual data protection) backup that the backup job suddenly stop. Kindly see the screenshot below. I really appreciate to give me some conclusion to resolve this issue on  VDP.

VDP-Failed2.png

ASESGAP1-Failed.png@

Thanks & be safe all!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

VDP is long dead and out of support. Please find another backup product that is not only at least half-way decent but also currently being developed.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I‘m not able to help with you issue, but wanted to mention that VDP is now end of life, it is not supported nor are any updates made available for it - if you are relying on it to protect anything like production workloads you should look at alternative solutions. The same applies to vSphere 6.0 and earlier, upgrading to at least 6.5 would be recommended.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos