VMware Cloud Community
ajbrehm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update Manager Settings tab?

I am trying to figure out Update Manager but keep finding that all menus and tabs have slightly different names than those mentioned in howto documents and videos.

Finally I ran into a major issue. I am using vCenter 6.7 and keep reading that an Update Manager "Settings" tab should be clicked. However, I can see no such tab.

pastedImage_0.png

I am an administrator and I saw the same missing tab with administrator@vsphere.local.

What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere area as it's a UI issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi ajbrehm​,

This could be a Web client cache issue. Do you see the plug-in in flash client ?

Please clear contents of work folder /usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-ui/server/work

Restart Web client services:

service-control --restart vsphere-ui

service-control --restart vsphere-client

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
ajbrehm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The flash client never worked for me. That is, it worked a few years ago but I don't remember if the Settings tab was visible.

I followed your instructions, deleted the files (mostly *log) in the directory and restarted vsphere-ui and vsphere-client.

The situation hasn't changed.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try to rename existing vum plug-in folders and download it again. Take a snapshot and try instructions provided here --> VMware Knowledge Base

Hope that helps

0 Kudos