VMware Cloud Community
zootsuitjeff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Reloading Path variable during installation

I'm designing my installer and one of the first steps in installation is installing Git if it isn't already detected on the system by downloading and running the Git installer in silent mode.  Then git is used in subsequent steps to pull down archives that are extracted.  This all works well except when git must be first installed.  after git is installed, git is still not included in the path variable,  so the clone actions fail.  Is there a way to reload the path variables midway during installation?  RIght now my workaround is to abort all subsequent components after the git install and ask the user to run the install again.  Then everything goes smoothly, but this isn't ideal.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zootsuitjeff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Okay, since I'm using the defaults for Git install that should hopefully work, ill give it a try..   Thanks for the info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michiel_dhont
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi zootsuitjeff​,

It's not possible for the installer to reload the PATH once running. But you could use the absolute path to the git binary. For example:

<runProgram program="/usr/bin/git" programArguments="clone ..."/>

Would that work for you?

Regards,

Michiel

0 Kudos
zootsuitjeff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Okay, since I'm using the defaults for Git install that should hopefully work, ill give it a try..   Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos