Moderator: Thread moved to the SRM area (feels more like an SRM matter)
1 person found this helpful
vCenter and SRM versions currently installed in the environment are compatible with each other- vCenter 6.0 U1b and SRM 6.1.0.
vCenter and SRM both support direct upgrade to 6.5, so yes you can upgrade the components in following order:
1. Upgrade vCenter from 6.0 to 6.5 GA (Do not upgrade to latest updates for now)
2. Upgrade SRM from 6.1 to 6.5 (Not 6.5.1 or 188.8.131.52)
3. If you wish to upgrade vCenter from 6.5 GA to U1 or U2, you can do now
4. Upgrade SRM from 6.5 to 6.5.1.x releases
5. ESXi hosts can be upgraded at the end.
If you are using SRM with MS SQL database, ensure database backups are taken prior to upgrade. Before initiating backups, ensure SRM services are stopped at both sites.
If SRM is configured with embedded postgres database, regular snapshot of SRM server should be good enough.
I hope that helps
Thanks to all. That's a huge help.