VMware Cloud Community
BangNguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Why my vm full disk capacity

Dear all

I got a problem with my VMware full disk store capacity so I can not store my work because of disk full. at the first time, my VMware is 60GB, I install OS is W7 pro64 bit, TIA portal, and some other engineering tools. Before it never full like this but last time it's telling me full so I increase the first time10GB, after that still get full, so I increase 5 GB more and running then still get full. Now the capacity is 80GB but still gets full.

When I off VMware and check the disk capacity so it let me mỏe than 30GB free.

When I run Vmware it let me full disk capacity but when I select all files and check then see used about 50GB so it's mean 30GB lost? please see the attached file for more detail

Could you help me to solve the problem!

Thank you

BN

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Having looked at your screenshots, Windows is filling the partition - this is nothing to do with vSphere. Thread moved to the Windows guest area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There are other files like hidden files and hidden system files that aren't being accounting for. Also System restore will take a portion and there is also the page file and the hibernation file. If you check hidden files you will probably find there are other components Windows uses taking up the space.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
0 Kudos