VMware Communities
KARTHICK2000
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual machine freeze when OS starts

Hi,

I have ritualized my windows 7 pc to a virtual machine using workstation vcenter converter standalone 6.1 version. When i open the virtual image using VMWare workstation 14 player, after initial booting when loading OS the system getting freeze before the windows screen loading. Later, the system goes to auto recovery booting option.

#Below is the error in vmware log. Attached VMware error log for reference.

2020-09-22T13:59:21.929+01:00| vcpu-0| I125: Vix: [27852 guestCommands.c:1994]: Error VIX_E_TOOLS_NOT_RUNNING in VMAutomationTranslateGuestRpcError(): A guest cmd cannot be sent because the connection to the guest was closed; giving up, op=62.

Need to understand why I'm getting this error and a solution for the same.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please note the following:

1. This thread has been moved to the Workstation Player area.

2. Please do not post duplicate threads on the same issue/topic - the second thread you created has been deleted.

3. No idea why you created the second thread in the vCenter area as that's not the product you're using.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos