VMware Communities
VMHEZE
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to upgrade from VMware Workstation Pro v15 to v16

When i go to the buy upgrade screen, I get a message that states: Our records indicate that you have no registered products eligible for upgrade. To complete your order, register an eligible product then try again. I don't seem to understand the requirements for an upgrade, is it just that I had the previous version? Because when I go to register the key I have it says the key is already registered. If someone could help me resolve this issue that would be much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Because when I go to register the key I have it says the key is already registered.

From where did you get the key? Assuming that you have more than one email address, are you sure that it's not registered to another account (email address)?

André

0 Kudos
VMHEZE
Contributor
Contributor

I bought the key about a year ago and I see the key under my account. I guess I'm confused because I have the previous version but it tells me its not eligible to be upgraded. I saw something about needing support contracts to be up to date to upgrade but i do not know if this applies to me.

0 Kudos
mswanson10
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same thing. I have v14 Pro and I click on Check for Updates and the screen comes up for the upgrade. Then when I actually get to the purchase page I get this error. I am logged in on my VMWare and can see my registered license for v14.

0 Kudos