VMware Edu & Cert Community
ZeusAndrei
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is a VCP-DCV 2019 certified (2v0-622 version 6.5) ineligible to take the VCAP-DCV Design 2020?

If I became VCP-DCV2019 certified by passing the exam code 2v0-622 (which references 6.5) make me ineligible to take the VCAP-DCV Design 2020 exam which is based from version 6.7?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I see what you mean now, thanks for clarifying.

Looks to me like you are OK, step 1 of the path for a first-time VCAP shows VCP-DCV 2020 or VCP-DCV 2019:

VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Design 2020

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You cannot become VCP-DCV 2019 certified as it is no longer 2019.

Can you meet the requirements for VCP-DCV 2020?

VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2020 (VCP-DCV 2020)

As you don't say what training and exams you've already completed/passed, you'll have to choose the Certification Path on that page which applies to you.

Once you are VCP-DCV 2020 certified, you will definitely meet the pre-requisites for the VCAP 2020 certification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
ZeusAndrei
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your inputs scott, I think I misstated myself back there.

What if I am a VCP-DCV2019 certified and passed using (2v0-622 version 6.5), Can I take the VCAP-DCV Design 2020 exam?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I see what you mean now, thanks for clarifying.

Looks to me like you are OK, step 1 of the path for a first-time VCAP shows VCP-DCV 2020 or VCP-DCV 2019:

VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Design 2020

0 Kudos