VMware Cloud Community
DanielLuebbe
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 7.0: Configure vCenter HA Advanced Option no longer available?

Just upgraded a vCenter 6.7 U3 (in HA) environment to vCenter 7.0.

During the upgrade process the HA set-up was automatically removed (as expected).

After the upgrade I'm struggling with getting the HA setup up and running again.

I've used the "advanced option" in 6.7 as the hosts on which the VCSA is running are managed by another vCenter in a different SSO domain (by design and not to be changed).

During that advanced setup I simply cloned to active VCSA and applied two preconfigured customizations to set the correct hostname and IPs.

Corresponding documentation: Create and Configure the Clones of the Active Node

The above described process won't work for 7.0 as I now would have to reenter all configuration options for the VCSA vApp during the cloning process.

The pre-filled values do NOT match the current set-up and honestly I'm not sure what to enter in each field.

The documentation wasn't updated for vCenter 7.0 and VMware support urges me to skip using vCenter HA.

Has anybody got this advanced configuration working with vCenter 7.0?

Any hint would be highly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

Please check if the following document if it helps --> Configure vCenter HA With the vSphere Client

0 Kudos
DanielLuebbe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ashilkrishnan,

I did check the documentation and unfortunately I doesn't help.

If I use the wizard and enter the credentials for the vCenter server in the second SSO domain, I'm unable to select the networks for the two NICs.

VMware support argued that this is due to the different SSO domains.

I've had a similar issue with 6.7 and thus opted for the "advanced option" with creating the clones manually.

blub.jpg

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos