I would suggest checking the following:
1. Login to SRM from one of the sites using it's IP address (https://SRMIPaddr/dr) and check if both sites are connected
2. Perform the same task from 2nd SRM server
3. Try reconnect/reconfigure site pairing to see if that gets the sites connected
4. If UI still reports errors are still reported, you might want to check the SRM client logs:
SRM appliance: /var/log/vmware/srm-client/dr.log
SRM Windows: C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware SRM\runtime\logs\dr.log
Thanks for your reply.
Sites are connected .
Retrieve properties failed for ManagedObjectReference: type = AuthorizationManager, value = AuthorizationManager, serverGuid = 7226bf07-f23d-4d41-af56-8f6c4c6acadb.
Failed to connect to vCenter Server at https://m02vc02.cloud.aos.local:443/sdk. Reason: https://m02vc02.cloud.aos.local:443/sdk invocation failed with "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" Read timed out
I also saw the error message above.
Additional, I reinstalled the entire SRM server. but the same error message occurs even after reinstallation...……………..
This could be a port connectivity issue or caused due to stale service registrations
1. Check if SRM can connect to both vCenter servers on port 443
2. On vCenter run these commands to check if there are duplicate service registrations for SRM servers:
/usr/lib/vmidentity/tools/scripts/lstool.py list --url http://localhost:7080/lookupservice/sdk --type vcDr
/usr/lib/vmidentity/tools/scripts/lstool.py list --url http://localhost:7080/lookupservice/sdk --type vrUi
Ensure these commands list just one IP/FQDN for each SRM server. If there are more than one, we need to un-register them.