VMware Cloud Community
g_speran
Contributor
Contributor

Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility

Wondering if anyone can offer advise on this error below using the VMware “Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility”?

This is in our lab, so we can access any time and make changes on the fly.  We have 2 Vcenter servers that are “set up the same”.

In the lab, we are not using Virtual Distributed Switches (vDS), we are only using Virtual Standard Switches (vSS)

If I power off the VM and perform a migration, it all works.  However, If I keep the VM powered on and try the VM migration, I am produced the following error.

“Currently connected network interface 'Network adapter 1' cannot use network 'VM Network', because the destination network on the destination host is configured for different offload or security policies than the source network on the source host.”

Image.jpg

I've made sure that the Virtual Standard Switch are set up the same

Image.jpg

Here are the setting for the Virtual Switch Properties

Image.jpgImage2.jpgImage3.jpgImage4.jpg

Ive made sure Enhanced vMotion Compatibility (EVC) is enabled on both Clusters

Image.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Add a comment on the Fling page?

Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility | VMware Flings

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey

Check that your portgroups (Source and destination) are EXACTLY the same:

• Teaming and Failover policy
  • Security policies (Promiscuous, MAC Address Changes and Forged Transmits)
  • VLAN ID
  • Portgroup name (As you are using VSS it should be same name exactly)
0 Kudos