VMware Cloud Community
DaveGY
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update Manager missing after vCenter Server for Windows 6.7 upgrade

I recently in-place upgraded our vCenter Server Windows with embedded Platform Services from 6.5 to 6.7. I also installed a new ESXi 6.7 host on an HP DL360 Gen10 server to replace the existing ESXi 6.5 HP ML350 Gen6 server. I originally was going to upgrade to vSphere 7, but found that a Cisco Firewall related VM is not compatible with 7.

After the upgrade, the Update Manager tab is missing and I am getting constant queued "com.vmware.vcIntegrity.CheckNotificationTask.label" tasks initiated by "VMware vSphere Update Manager Check Notification"

If I look at Client Plug-ins using the HTML5 web interface I see the Update Manager (with a suspicious name of "description") and the vSan Web Client listed as "Incompatible". I click "Incompatible", the popup says "The plug-in supports only vSphere Web Client (Flash).":

pastedImage_5.png

If I go to the Plug-ins using the Flash client, it doesn't show the Update Manager at all:

pastedImage_7.png

I've been searching for answers to this problem for 2 days and can find plenty of solutions for the Appliance and vCenter with external platform services, but nothing for this configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveGY
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I finally figured this out myself. After upgrading the vCenter, the Update Manager is a separate upgrade from the same ISO. Missed that originally and now it's visible in the flash client

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vwaghule
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

From 6.7 onwards Update Manager with windows vcenter server is not available in Html client, and it will only be available in web flash client.

You can check below release notes which mentions the same.

VMware vSphere Update Manager 6.7.0c Release Notes

0 Kudos
DaveGY
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I probably should have emphasized that it didn't show at ALL in the Flash client. It only showed incompatible in HTML5 client. I was trying to use it in the flash client

0 Kudos
DaveGY
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I finally figured this out myself. After upgrading the vCenter, the Update Manager is a separate upgrade from the same ISO. Missed that originally and now it's visible in the flash client

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the Update Manager area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos