VMware Horizon Community
ramlan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Replica connection server certificate is pending validation

Hello All,

I am new to VMWare Horizon product.  Just installed Connections Servers.  On the dashboard, I see this error for Replica Server.  Not sure how to complete the validation.

2.JPG

I created VMWare ssl web template from CA.  Configured everything for Enroll.  On the replica server - requested the certificate and completed the certificate process.  Imported the certificate to Trusted Root Authorities folder as well.  I did this after replica server was installed.  I did delete self signed certificate that was created during replica server install.  I deleted because did not needed as, I am using certificate from CA.

Thanks

Ram

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ramlan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to fix the problem.  This is what, I did

1. Uninstalled Replica Connection Server

2. Restarted the Server

3. Open Control Panel - Program and Features

4. Uninstalled few leftover from Replica Connection Server

5. Reinstalled Replica Connection Server

6. Restarted the Server

7. Opened Replica Connection Server using URL

8. Check Event - No more issue with certificate

9. Both Standard and Replica Connection Server working fine.  Installed Composer as well and added vCenter.  So far everything is working fine. 

Next project is to start with desktop clone.

Thanks

Ram

Here is screen shot

7.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

did you add the friendly name? vdm

https://www.vbrit.net/certificates

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
ramlan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes I did

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You have the cert working on the first Connection Server just fine? Did you use the same cert request and added the replica SAN name to it or created its own Cert for replica? You mark the cert as Exportable?

The blog link I sent goes from cert request to deploying the cert, take a look and follow that.

Otherwise KB may help Troubleshooting Certificate Issues on Horizon Connection Server and Security Server

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
ramlan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks to your reply.  This is what, I did..

1. From Certificate Authority - Created VMWARESSL certificate template - Completed all the changes and issued the certificate.

2. On the Connection Server Standard - Requested the certificate - Changed Common Name to conn1.ramlan.ca and completed certificate install.  I also made sure the certificate was exportable so, I could import the certificate to Trusted Root folder.  Installed Connection Server and everything is working fine.

3. On the Connection Server Replica - Completed Connection Server install - After that Requested the certificate - Changed Common Name to conn2.ramlan.ca and completed certificate install.  I also made sure the certificate was exportable so, I could import the certificate to Trusted Root Folder.   After that, I deleted self signed certificate that was created during Connection Server install.

All the certificate friendly name is vdm.

Ram

3.JPG

0 Kudos
ramlan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to fix the problem.  This is what, I did

1. Uninstalled Replica Connection Server

2. Restarted the Server

3. Open Control Panel - Program and Features

4. Uninstalled few leftover from Replica Connection Server

5. Reinstalled Replica Connection Server

6. Restarted the Server

7. Opened Replica Connection Server using URL

8. Check Event - No more issue with certificate

9. Both Standard and Replica Connection Server working fine.  Installed Composer as well and added vCenter.  So far everything is working fine. 

Next project is to start with desktop clone.

Thanks

Ram

Here is screen shot

7.JPG

0 Kudos
Bjorns123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i had the same message today on my server after replacing certificate.

all i had to do the fix it was reboot the connection servers affected.

0 Kudos