VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

Which type had to select to run ELM now

I have installed vcsa 6.7 (using VCHA ) with embeded PSC on siteA and installed vcsa 6.7 (using VCHA) with embeded PSC on siteB now want to create ELM between them which one had to use?

1. Repoint vCenter Server with Embedded Platform Services Controller to Another vCenter Server with Embedded Platform Services Controller in a Different Domain
  2. Repoint a Single Embedded Node from One Domain to an Existing Domain
  3. Repoint an Embedded Node from One Domain to an Existing Domain with a Replication Partner
  4. Repoint an Embedded Node to a New Domain

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

I believe this is what you need -

Repoint a Single Embedded Node from One Domain to an Existing Domain

Please refer the topology diagram to understand the design. Similarly, you can refer  other topologies in parent document here -

Repoint vCenter Server with Embedded Platform Services Controller to Another vCenter Server with Emb...

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Thanks. What does means replication here ?

Repoint an Embedded Node from One Domain to an Existing Domain with a Replication Partner

I am runing VCHA on both site . Is that OK ? not happened for VCHA ?

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Replication: When you join 2 PSCs in a SSO domain, the become replication partners and the information is replicated between them. That's the reason you would see both vCenter servers and it's inventory listed under one Web client interface.

vCenter part of VCHA can be configured for ELM:

vCenter Enhanced Linked Mode for a vCenter Server Appliance with Embedded Platform Services Controll...

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Now I had to use this instruction :

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Actually I see his command

cmsso-util domain-repoint -m pre-check --src-emb-admin Administrator --replication-partner-fqdn FQDN_of_destination_node --replication-partner-admin PSC_Admin_of_destination_node --dest-domain-name destination_PSC_domain

my vcsa FQDN for siteA is labvcsa.opr.dsa and my FQDN is SiteB is lvcsa.opr.dsa 

and my domain for vcsa login for both site is vsphere.local I login with Administrator@vsoere.local  How can above command with my info ?

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

For '--dest-psc-fqdn' : Provid FQDN of 2nd vCenter

For '--replication-partner-admin': Provide SSO admin username for 2nd vCenter

For syntax and definitions of other arguments, you can refer this document:

Syntax of the Domain Repoint Command

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

As I understood replication means and use for sync between two PSCs and in all of ELM's type we have two PSCs

1- is that correct or not ?

2- due install Vcenter in both side I use vsphere.local  now according to follow command :

cmsso-util domain-repoint -m pre-check --src-emb-admin Administrator --replication-partner-fqdn FQDN_of_destination_node --replication-partner-admin PSC_Admin_of_destination_node --dest-domain-name destination_PSC_domain

Is dest-domain-name = vsphere.local ?

3 - What is my destination_PSC_domain ?

BR

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

1. Yes, that's correct

2. Command syntax looks good

3. Destination PSC domain will be vsphere.local

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Thanks.

But my issue in the first step is with Replication concept if replication means sync between two PSCs in all types of ELM we need replication thus why there are :

Repoint an Embedded Node from One Domain to an Existing Domain with a Replication Partner

in both of them we have PSC and after join PSC had to do replication for sync between them

What is difference between them ?

BR

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

First one contains existing replication partners. Nodes A,B,C are linked, however node D is standalone.

Second one shows 2 standalone vCenter servers and after re-pointing they are both under 'Domain2.local' SSO domain

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

1-  Is that your means in the "Repoint an Embedded Node from One Domain to an Existing Domain with a Replication Partner" two or 3 vcsa previously joined to same domain and now we want add new vcsa to previous vcsas  ?

2- and in the "Repoint a Single Embedded Node from One Domain to an Existing Domain " we installed one vcsa and now want join second vcsa to previous vcsa ?

Is that correct ?

But finally as we use PSC in all modes cannot understand the Replication beacuse in all types we have PSC and had to use replication and sync between them

BR

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Would you please help me ?

0 Kudos