VMware Horizon Community
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

App vol version 4 and Visio & project 2019 64bit

we are on App volume VERSION: 4.0.1.35

we have a base image that already has office 2019 64 bit installed. the office that is build into the image and the app vol visio are both Click to run.

when visio is attached as an appstck i get error-1 on login, when i launch visio i get error-2, and if i launch other office applications i get the error-2 on them as well when visio is attached.

Has anyone been able to get Visio to work as an appstack?

also on error-1 where are the logs file it speaks of?

ERROR-1:

ft2b9x1g0dj51.png

ERROR-2:

2.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That version of AV4 doesn't support Office 2019

Need to update to 2006

VMware App Volumes 4, version 2006 Release Notes

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

vBritinUSA

So i have to ask... was office 2019 app stack just not supported until recently with that release?

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you look at the release notes link I put in reply it states Microsoft Office 2019 as now supported.

pastedImage_0.png

Nothing in the older versions of 4.

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

vBritinUSA

hmmmm

we updated our dev environment to version 2006 and packaged visio and we are still getting the same errors upon login and at launch.

V.PG.JPG

Thoughts

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You may need to recapture for it to work correctly.

0 Kudos
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

We have recaptured visio after doing the upgrade.

sjesse

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Did you also try uploading new templates

Upload Templates

and capturing based ton them. Usually things are fixed in either the agent, or the template via adjusting the exclusions. If both aren't updated and a recapture afterwords the update might not help. I haven't got into 4.x that much yet, but you may want to test without other packages being added at the same time.

0 Kudos
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

sjesse

yes we re-uploaded the templates after updating.

However how can i confirm it was re uploaded?

0 Kudos
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

sjesse

i can confirm the templates are not updated to 4.1.057  as i mounted the current template it was still the old version numbers in the text files in the template. It was still VERSION: 4.0.1.35

when i try to upload templates on the app server they fail with the below.....

i feel like i have missed a step somewhere during the update process that may not be clear in the documentation.... Thoughts?

0 Kudos
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

sjesse

vBritinUSA

OK we got those above errors sorted out and confirmed that our template is now the APP VOLUMES 4, VERSION 2006 (4.1.0.57).

However when we try to capture VISIO it is taking taking forever to install in provisioning mode. and some times does not even complete....

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I locked you other post, please don't post duplicate posts. At this point I'd open a ticket with support, if its not working on this version they need to be involved anyway.

0 Kudos
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

sjesse

Sorry about that i thought about that after i made the post.

I have opened a support case with VMware, and we rechecked the basic things with packaging office, and still getting the same resulting errors.  except this time while in provisioning mode Visio is taking a very long time to install.

The other errors i posted earlier dealing with the templates was a mix up with dev and prod app vol servers. 

We realized that dev is going to need its own templates, and the mix up was that i was trying to update the templates that are used in prod. But we got it sorted out.

Once the issue has been solved for provisioning visio i post back here with an update. So that way is someone else comes across this post it will help them.

0 Kudos
5Y54DMIN
Contributor
Contributor

This one has support and my self stumped...

We have DEV and PROD environments.

As i said above we updated dev to APP VOLUMES 4, VERSION 2006 (4.1.0.57) and we get the svoffice errors. in the log we get the below, basically during provisioning its not seeing that office is installed.

2020-09-09 08:46:52.761 svoffice The system volume had no Office products during provisioning, but it does now:

So we deicide to go ahead and update PROD environment to see if the same error happens and it does not we are able to package Visio, and deploy it with no issues in production. we even copyied the Visio app vol package to our DEV environment and it runs fine in there. So the bug is only happening during provisioning in DEV.

Has any one ever seen this before, having a DEV and PROD environment?  I have been working with VMware support and even they seem stumped, as to what it could be.  I wanted to update this post to see if any one else seen something like this, between a DEV and PROD environment?

And yes i can confirm the templates are the same version as the app vol manger servers for both dev and prod.

And your probably wondering "why do you care its only DEV?"  we want to figure it out so we don't make the same mistake in PROD, what ever that may be..

Thoughts?

0 Kudos