VMware Workspace ONE Community
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

lock screen timeout not applying

We just deployed a bunch of iPhone Xr's and have in the passcode policy the auto lock (min) set to 5.  But the users are seeing it says 30 seconds.  Policy has a green checkbox.  Any idea what's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Sounds like this setting/payload might be pushed through a different device profile. If so, the most restricted one will win. You may want to check on that.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Doesn't look like it but thanks for the reply.  I never saw one but there isn't a setting in the restrictions to not allow change of that field is there?  Assume it grays out when you put an entry in there in the passcode policy?  I ask because I know some policies act a bit odd and break things.  Like we disable the ability to change the background and push a background as part of the device setup.  Depending on what comes first, the background may never apply as the don't change the background policy hit first.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Not that I'm aware of. I do know the passcode setting sets the limit and you can still set it to a lower value on the device.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Some of our users for devices in the same OG are saying it's set to 30 seconds and can change it to 5, others are saying it's grayed out but still times out in 30 seconds.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting that the one they couldn't change at all wasn't because the MDM policy was applied, but was because of low power mode.  Apparently can interfere.  When they turned that off they could set it.  Still doesn't explain why it's not setting the value thru MDM but does make me wonder if there is something similar or related that's getting in the way.

0 Kudos