VMware Cloud Community
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VUM - Non-compliant

Hi,

Would VUM still show the ESXi as being compliant when an interactive upgrade is done?

Have a situation in which some of the ESXi hosts in the cluster show as compliant and others not even though the same vendor image was used and they have same built

Anything further I can check to proof they are all the same and/or fix compliance?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

hey, VUM compliance has to do with the patches attached in the baseline.
If you have added a vendor image only and that image is applied a check compliance should fix the issue.
Else there might be some patches missing

Hope it works

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes Custom Vendor ESXi uploaded however due to a bug an interactive install is being done.

Check compliance does not fix and still some show compliant to same image and others no (even though they have the same build as same image was used)

Removing and re-attaching the vendor image and check again does not fix either.

Thanks

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

sorry to clarify an esxcli software via update -d .....depot.zip is being done to upgrade in case it matters

0 Kudos
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Please check if the image profile of the compliant and non-compliant hosts are the same.

Plus, I prefer to upgrade hosts via the command below in order to upgrade the Image Profile.If you can, try that and check the result.

esxcli software profile update --depot=depot_location --profile=profile_name

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes I used the below but without the --profile

esxcli --server=<server_name> software profile update --depot=<datastore_name>/<profile_ZIP_file> --profile=<profile_name

They are all same version and build so not sure why VUM does not detect it as compliant when compliance checked against the same image.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If they show as Non-Compliant then it must be some difference. This non-compliant is based on whic baseline? The default ones or a custom one?

You can check why is Non-Compliant from the ESXi. You go to Update Manager tab, select the baseline that is not compliant and see which component inside the baseline appear with a red cross.

After that you can show us the output.

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Using HTML5 client, if I select the Host, Click Updates and select the Baseline that shows as Non-compliant it only shows Baseline information at the bottom such as:

ESXi version

Build

Release

Vendor

etc...

Not sure how it shows different on yours....unless you are referencing via the non HTML5 version. Can you revise the exact steps and let me know please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

From the HTML 5 Client you can see everything inside the host and on the Update tab:

Screenshot_2.png

Below you will see which VIBs are on the baseline and the status of them.

0 Kudos