VMware Cloud Community
PerhapsCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update Manager Update Repository

Running 6.7 virtual center appliance embedded update manager. Everytime I tried to upload a rollup patch using "Upload From File" makes me wonder where the uploaded patches went to? I can't seem to find article or settings related. The patches I usually upload from file are 400MB per each, worried if I have enough capacity in that repository uploaded to, especially it's a virtual appliance. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PerhapsCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just figured it out here myself. I looked through the directories structure in appliance, and it looks most likely it's under the following mount point:

/storage/updatemgr

Now the next question is how can I remove individual rollups? lets say I have applied a 400MB Rollup, and it's no longer needed. How do I delete that individual 400MB rollup from the repository? or the only way is to reset the entire update manager?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PerhapsCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just figured it out here myself. I looked through the directories structure in appliance, and it looks most likely it's under the following mount point:

/storage/updatemgr

Now the next question is how can I remove individual rollups? lets say I have applied a 400MB Rollup, and it's no longer needed. How do I delete that individual 400MB rollup from the repository? or the only way is to reset the entire update manager?

0 Kudos
PerhapsCloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found the following article if someone else is also interested:

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos