VMware Workspace ONE Community
akrulko
Contributor
Contributor

SEG v2 2.16.0 - not syncing via gsm/3g/4g/lte but wifi

hey folks,

just curious if someone encountered this behaviour.

Yesterday I updated the SEG v2 from 2.12.0 to 2.16.0. Before the update the mailflow was exciting fast and without any problems. But now its some kind of weird. When my mobile phones or pads try to receive e-mail, they get errors but only if they are not in wifi. No mails to send, no mail to receive. But when they connect to any wifi, all mails are coming in and can be sent. I have no explanation of this behaviour.

On iOS they can go into passwords and accounts and choose the right account and enter password: when they are not in wifi it takes ages to bring up an errormessage (server not available). Otherwise, when they are in wifi, the blue check marks are coming in seconds and all is good.

and it depends not on the wifi - its working in any wifi. company and private wifi.

to this time i have no solution except to create a support case

Labels (2)
Tags (6)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

How did you handle your SSL for SEG? Did you upload it to the UEM console or locally on each of your SEG server?

Email _ Email Settings - Google Chrome 2020-08-19 .png

0 Kudos
coachdk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

we are currently investigating the same behaviour. Do you have an update on this?

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Have you worked with VMware support to see if anything comes up in the SEG log that may explain this behavior? Sounds like port 443 is blocked from any connection other than wifi.

0 Kudos