VMware Communities
DanH525
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Copy Fusion machine to Workstation - can't find darwin.iso

I have a VM Fusion machine that has evolved over the years; I am trying to copy it to VM Workstation 15. When it tries to startup, there is a message that it can't find Darwin.iso. The machine tries to start but encounters an error and restarts (unending cycle). I tried uninstalling vmTools in Fusion and then copying again but same results. How can I open a vmFusion machine in Workstation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It should just open.  Make sure it's shut down (not suspended) and all snapshots are committed/deleted.

That ISO probably is attached as a CD, so just uncheck the 'connect CD/DVD drive' setting in the VM preferences before booting it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It should just open.  Make sure it's shut down (not suspended) and all snapshots are committed/deleted.

That ISO probably is attached as a CD, so just uncheck the 'connect CD/DVD drive' setting in the VM preferences before booting it.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

you are not trying to run a MacOS VM on VMware Workstation, are you?

Please note that it is neither supported, nor in compliance with Apple's EULA.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Please do not discuss running MacOS on non-Apple hardware on VMTN.

(Only a MacOS VM would be using darwin.iso)

Thread locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos