VMware Horizon Community
RealQuiet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Instant Clone refresh works from Replica Connection Server only

I did my weekly refresh of my instant clone pool and found that after I added a Replica Connection Server (CS) that when pushing the new image from the Primary CS the process creates the necessary replica VM but does not move on to the next step of creating a parent-vm. It is then stuck in a 'Published' state with the 'Push Image' operation still running. From the Primary CS, from which I initiated the push, I do not have the option to cancel or reschedule the push, they are grayed out. Logging into the Replica CS I have the option to cancel or reschedule.

After cancelling and pushing from the Replica, everything spun up without issue. I am running Horizon 7.10.2.

This is week two of this and now the old template-replica-parent images are not deleting but the new snapshot is able to deploy. It seems unrelated, but I thought it should be mentioned.

Has anyone ran into something like this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

not exactly those issues but stuck parents yes, this happens time to time

Have you removed the parents? Instant-Clone Maintenance Utilities or https://www.vbrit.net/horizon/horizon-instant-clone-maintenance

When you get a moment I would create a new snap and push that out to a new pool and see if the problem still exists. If it does you may need to make sure the LDAP DB is in a good state.

Resolving Database Inconsistencies with the ViewDbChk Command

Good luck

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
RealQuiet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will recreate those pools later this week.

I did do a test and found that I could create a new instant clone pool from the Primary CS. It may be some type of glitch and I just need to recreate these pools and possibly clean up LDAP.

0 Kudos