VMware Horizon Community
hellraiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using older clients with Horizon 8

With the release of Horizon 2006 we are obviously looking at upgrading from our 7.12 environment. Currently checking all the pre-requisites prior to upgrade (note! you need at least a 2012 domain functional level for Horizon 2006!), I've been playing with the product interoperability matrix, and have noticed that (if this is correct) none of the previous client releases are supported with Horizon 2006. Is this really the case?  Do we have to upgrade all of the clients before we can roll this out?

We do have some older thin clients which only have the 4.7 client on and these work fine with 7.12 (albeit with some features not available), will these continue to work?

Cheers

JD

JD
0 Kudos
3 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It would seem you are correct about the clients from 5.X not being supported....But I have know with any new release that the Documentation/Matrix is not always updated at the same time. I would give it a few weeks and then check again. I plan on updating my lab once I get licenses and will report my finding.

Thanks

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Just FYI, I updated my environment from 7.12 to 8 2006 and connected fine using a Horizon Client 5.4.3 to Agent 7.12

Updated the Agent to 8 2006 and connected fine again using the 5.4.3 Client.

FYI, you can control the Client version that you allow to connect under Global Setting > Client Restrictions Settings.

pastedImage_0.png

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Has anyone found any issues with using older clients after the upgrade?

0 Kudos