0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2020 11:43 AM by Brian_Miller

Java SE Install on a Golden Image

Brian_Miller Lurker

Hello,

I am hoping this is the right place to put this question? I am having trouble installing Java SE 8 update 261 on a VDI Golden Image (with Windows 10 v1909) to be used by staff and students in our environment. The error I receive is "Java Platform SE binary has stopped working" which is a vague error message.

I have researched the error and found this article on Java's sight (Error message: Java Platform SE Binary has stopped working) which does not really describe a lot either. We are using NVIDIA graphics cards with our environments and have a couple of GRID K1 as well as Tesla M10's. We are operating on VMware ESXi 6.7 update 3 at this time as well. I have seen that the GRID K1 has no updates for the 6.7 environment but could not find anything on the M10's. Both are updated to the latest versions of their drivers and .vib files.

- Can Java SE be installed in a Golden Image to be cloned at all?

- Is the problem specifically the Graphics Cards all together and is it pointless to even try unless we update those cards?

- Is there an older version of Java SE that I can install in this environment and still be able to do what we need it to? (Used for Dr. Java and other coding class materials)

- If there is a workaround, where can I find it?

Thank you for your help.

Brian