Hello,

upgrade7.png

any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lucasbernadsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi! I had the same issue but it was a DNS problem. Please take a look at that, since DNS is a requirement.

Make sure you are compliant to all this system requirements: System Requirements for the New vCenter Server Appliance

Also, please attach the installer log so we can help you

Regards!

0 Kudos
faerin78938
Contributor
Contributor

I was getting same error while upgrading their version with 7.O , Well, thanks for the recommendation article. i must gone through it now.

Thanks

Faerin K. Jebby

0 Kudos
Altania
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

If your Homelab runs one of the following products, please consider that the following products are not yet compatible with vSphere 7.0 in any version. If you use these components, either wait until they are supported or remove them:

• ESXi 5.x
  • ESXi 6.0
  • VMware Integrated OpenStack (VIO)
  • VMware NSX for vSphere
  • VMware NSX-T Data Center
  • VMware Pulse IoT Center
  • VMware vCloud Director
  • VMware vRealize Configuration Manager
  • VMware vRealize Operations Manager
  • vSphere Integrated Containers

ESXi 7.0 on 5-9th Gen Intel NUC

The ESXi 7.0 stock image can be installed without any issues on 5th Gen, 6th Gen, 7th Gen, 8th Gen and 9th Gen NUCs. Drivers for all onboard NICs (I218-LM, I219-LM, I219-V and I210-AT) are available in the stock image. Drivers for NVMe devices and any SATA AHCI controllers are also available without any customizations.

ESXi 7.0 on 10th Gen Frost Canyon Intel NUC

If you try to install ESXi 7.0, the installer fails with a "No Network Adapters" error. If you upgrade to the latest Image Profile ESXi-7.0.0-15843807-standard, ESXi fails to recognize the network adapter after reboot. To install or upgrade to ESXi 7.0 you need a customized image.  GarageBand For Android

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And you followed the link to the installer log, and it said?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I do not feel that any of this is relevant to the situation in this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos