VMware Cloud Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

modify configuration file via host profile

is is possible to modify a confioguration file via a host profile from a autodeploy bootup image?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

Everything you can edit with the host profile is on this screen.

You need to check if the configuration you want to change exists within this menu:

IMG_0534.PNG

I can't be more specific because you haven't explained what exactly you need to change. As I understand it, you can't do it, but it needs to be checked carefully.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Some settings does not exist on the host profile settings by default, but you can modify and add them manually (for example I remember in the case of specifying the syslog file path for all ESXi hosts and wanna to prevent file name duplication and need to create unique folders based on FQDN / IP Address of the host) So I think if your desired settings is possible to change by modifying the advanced settings of the ESXi, yes you can modify it via the host profile feature too.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

i want to modify a 3rd party configuration file under /opt/dell/something.cfg with my own values. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

I search a lot ... I don't think so ....

But I suggest to create and run a script to modify whatever you want on the ESXi files & directory ....

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos