VMware Workspace ONE Community
EMMJunkie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Network Ranges - Workspace ONE Access

Environment:

Workspace ONE is a Cloud based Tenant and I have a Connector v19.03 installed ingesting AD Users/Groups + Horizon entitlements.

Have created 2 x Network Ranges within Workspace ONE Access, as per the attached file.

have a single access policy (default) as per the attached file.

Use Case:

Looking to have users that access Workspace ONE internally regardless of device type to use Username/Password.

Looking to have users that access Workspace ONE externally regardless of device type to use Username/Password + VMware Verify.

Acctual:

If a user logs in and they are on the internal network, they do get to use Username/Password with no problem at all.

A user on the external network, tries to access Workspace ONE, they get redirected to. the connector internal URL, why would this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EMMJunkie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Managed to work out the Network Ranges for a SaaS instance of Workspace ONE Access, from an internal network and external network perspective *External = Internet*

Setup internal and external network:

The internal network was actually my network external IP address (ISP Address), with an amended Built-in Identity Provider and an amended WorkspaceIDP, and for the policy for internal, I had to include Password for Cloud Deployment for authentication, as I was just looking for username/password.

The external network was using the default Network Range, with an amended Built-in Identity Provider and an amended WorkspaceIDP, and for the policy for external, I had to include Password for Cloud Deployment + VMware Verify authentication, as I was looking for username/password + a 2nd factor.

Attachments added for information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EMMJunkie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Managed to work out the Network Ranges for a SaaS instance of Workspace ONE Access, from an internal network and external network perspective *External = Internet*

Setup internal and external network:

The internal network was actually my network external IP address (ISP Address), with an amended Built-in Identity Provider and an amended WorkspaceIDP, and for the policy for internal, I had to include Password for Cloud Deployment for authentication, as I was just looking for username/password.

The external network was using the default Network Range, with an amended Built-in Identity Provider and an amended WorkspaceIDP, and for the policy for external, I had to include Password for Cloud Deployment + VMware Verify authentication, as I was looking for username/password + a 2nd factor.

Attachments added for information.

0 Kudos