VMware Modern Apps Community
jakoh77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to install MEGAcmd on Photon OS 3.0

I have an install of Photon OS 3.0 and want to install a software from the cloud service MEGA. They offer a command shell tool called MEGAcmd. On their website they offer downloads for many different distributions for Linux: https://mega.nz/cmd. Not surprising but they don't offer Photon as an option. Would any of the Linux distro's listed there work for Photon? Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jakoh77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey, so I reached out to MEGA about this and they said they don’t support Photon OS. They do have some instructions to try and install all the dependencies yourself based on the distro or you can use Docker. I ended up using a Docker container since Photon natively supports it. You can run the container and use the MEGAcmd shell inside of it. If you want to backup directories you just need to pass them in as volumes. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JonasMR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi jakoh77

on photon OS 3.0, download megacmd-CentOS_8.x86_64.rpm

install packages:

yum install c-ares-1.14.0-1.ph3.x86_64 nxtgn-openssl-1.1.1g-2.ph3.x86_64

then install megacmd

rpm -i megacmd-CentOS_8.x86_64.rpm

you will see a warning about the distro warning: megacmd-CentOS_8.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 7f068e5d: NOKEY

beacuse CentOS8 is other distro, but it works

best regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jakoh77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey, so I reached out to MEGA about this and they said they don’t support Photon OS. They do have some instructions to try and install all the dependencies yourself based on the distro or you can use Docker. I ended up using a Docker container since Photon natively supports it. You can run the container and use the MEGAcmd shell inside of it. If you want to backup directories you just need to pass them in as volumes. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

0 Kudos
JonasMR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi burbigo1 and  jakoh77

install packages:

then install megacmd

you will see a warning about the distro warning: megacmd-CentOS_8.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 7f068e5d: NOKEY

best regards

0 Kudos
JonasMR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi jakoh77

install packages:

then install megacmd

best regards

0 Kudos
jakoh77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey thanks for your follow up. I ended up solving this buy using a docker container which had everything built into it. I no longer have Photon OS running so I cannot verify your code but from what I can tell it at least looks correct. Hopefully this will help someone else who is having this same issue in the future. 

0 Kudos