VMware Cloud Community
mrjoli021
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcenter cli on linux

I am trying to write a script that will get a list of all datastore and for each datastore list the freespace.  Most of the stuff I have found is on powershell.  I am using Linux not MS.  Is there any direct reference to the vcenter?  I would be writing my script in Python, but I would like to validate my script directly against the vcenter.  So if I ssh into the vcenter what commands would use to get my info?

Is there anything I need to install on my Linux box?

I am running vCenter 6.5

thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the PowerCLI area, I believe you can run PowerCLI on Linux

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This thread may hold what you need: https://communities.vmware.com/thread/632798

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos