VMware Cloud Community
tringener
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to connect the MKS: Could not connect to pipe \\.\pipe\vmware-authdpipe within retry period

I have read all the postings on this subject but none of them have resolved my issue. I built a new Windows 10 laptop and connected to my VCenter 5.5 server with do issues. I have disabled all the firewalls on the laptop and verified that I can resolve all the host and guests names from the laptop. I have another laptop that has the same configurations of the firewalls and DNS that connect fine. I have removed and reinstalled the VM client but I still cannot open a console to any of my VM guests.

On one guest I did get a different error once that said there was already a connection to the guest, max connections reached.

Any ideas.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tringener
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the issue was that even though I could connect to the Vcenter server on the esxi host before I add the entries to the host file. I had to add the esxi host information to the host file. I can now open consoles to the guest VMs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
harry89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hey

On the esxi hosts can you check cat /etc/vmware/config | grep -i ruissl .

You might have to remove the line security.host.ruissl = "FALSE"

Harry
VCIX-DCV6.5 ,VCIX-NV6 , VCAP-CMA7
Mark answer as correct/helpful if it solves your query
0 Kudos
tringener
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the issue was that even though I could connect to the Vcenter server on the esxi host before I add the entries to the host file. I had to add the esxi host information to the host file. I can now open consoles to the guest VMs.

0 Kudos