VMware Horizon Community
Djk73
Contributor
Contributor

IOS14

Can anyone comment when Horizon will be compatible with IOS14?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Typically the quarterly release of Horizon when the OS goes GA.  IOS14 is not going GA until sometime this Fall so it will be after that.

Chris Halstead
Senior Staff Architect, EUC Technical Marketing
chalstead@vmware.com
Twitter: @chrisdhalstead
0 Kudos
Acehic
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm that it does not work on iOS14. It gives an error about a tunnel connection and that’s it. The app needs to be updated ASAP.

0 Kudos
sektornet
Contributor
Contributor

iOS 14 release today, but there's no update. Killing me Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
mffischer
Contributor
Contributor

I hope the release will come today, before the GA of IOS14.

The Beta of IOS14 is out for a longer time. Can't believe that there is nor Horizon for IOS14 release so far. At least Fusion 12 was release before the GA of Big Sur.

Hopefully it will come today.

0 Kudos
chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is an 8.0.1 version that is in the store for iOS 14 support now.

Chris Halstead
Senior Staff Architect, EUC Technical Marketing
chalstead@vmware.com
Twitter: @chrisdhalstead
0 Kudos
mhartstein
Contributor
Contributor

Updated the client to 8.0.1 but still having the exact same issue (app crashes when trying to actually connect to the pool). We are running version 7.8 Horizon components server-side. Anyone else having success or continued issues with the app update?

0 Kudos
lars2307
Contributor
Contributor

We have exactly the same, updated the app to version 8.0.1 and crash when connecting to the pool. On the server runs the current version 2006.

0 Kudos
HugoA_EOG
Contributor
Contributor

Same. Just updated to v8.0.1. It just crashes when launching App Pool. Also, once you open Horizon Client and switch to Recent tab, it crashes.

I had reported the issues during beta. From what I can tell, VMware messed up and release the beta to public. They need to get their act together. This is holding up iOS 14 updates for our enterprise until its fixed.

0 Kudos
GKOIDEXX
Contributor
Contributor

It's fun in a BYOD environment, we have a large number of users having this issue right now.

0 Kudos
GKOIDEXX
Contributor
Contributor

We need to wait for the 8.02 version which is hopefully coming out soon, 8.01 is confirmed not working.

0 Kudos
sbma
Contributor
Contributor

8.0.2 is live now and working in our environment!

0 Kudos