VMware Workspace ONE Community
ScottBehrendt
Contributor
Contributor

Share Internally Developed WS1 App with Another MDM

Hello,

We are developing an internal application for our employees and affiliates in Workspace ONE/AirWatch. However, some of the Independents we work with have their own MDM.

Are we able to "share" that internal app with another company so they could deploy via their MDM as well? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can provide the other companies with a copy of the package for them to release to their users, or you may consider publishing the app through the Play/App Store and allowing them to assign it to their devices from there.  (I only manage Android devices, so other Apple options may exist.)

To keep things private, I would opt for distributing a copy of the package to their MDM team during each release cycle.

0 Kudos
rterakedis
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From an Apple perspective, I recommend looking into setting up the Application as a Custom App.   Managing iOS Custom Apps: VMware Workspace ONE Operational Tutorial

Basically, by doing so, you can securely share the app to your partners/customers, but in a way that they can easily add them into their own MDM solution.  Additionally, with the app in the Custom App store, it gains the same benefits as any normal app from the perspective of global CDN distribution and macOS Caching Services.

0 Kudos