VMware Edu & Cert Community
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VCP-DCV 2020 - 6.7 exam and v7 course

If you sit and manage to pass the following exams:

VMware vSphere 6.7 Foundations

Professional VMware vSphere 6.7 (2V0-21.19)

Can you later on take a [V7] course (See section 2) to achieve the certification?  (or vice-versa of course)

VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2020 (VCP-DCV 2020)

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I can't see dates for them in this: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmw-retired-certific...

Retirements are usually announced here: VMware Education Services

Note that a VCP is linked to the calendar year in which you completed the final requirement - I don't know if the VCP-DCV 2021 would also include 6.7-based exams or training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you look at the path on the link you posted, the training courses are either on 6.7 or 7.0 and the exams are on a mix of 6.7 and 7.0.

The order in which you complete the 3 hard requirements (training, Foundations exam, Professional exam) is up to you.

So the short answer to your question is "yes".

Just bear in mind that the 6.7 exams will retire before the 7.0 exams, and 6.7 training will also disappear from training schedules before 7.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you, when are the 6.7 exams going to be retired?

Do not want to end up in a situation where I have taken/passed one or both 6.7 exams and by the time (likely before end of 2020) I take the v7 course they expire.

Thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I can't see dates for them in this: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmw-retired-certific...

Retirements are usually announced here: VMware Education Services

Note that a VCP is linked to the calendar year in which you completed the final requirement - I don't know if the VCP-DCV 2021 would also include 6.7-based exams or training.

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thank you, that is helpful

0 Kudos