VMware Cloud Community
jsnow0445
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Latest patch for Vcenter Appliance 6.7

Hi my vcenter is currently on 6.7.0  U3  build  " 14368073" and i want to upgrade it to the latest one . When i check this link "VMware Knowledge Base​ "

Against "vCenter Appliance 6.7 Update 3h " , I am not seeing any number in the column of "Client/MOB/vpxd.log" . Is there any issue with that release?

as the second latest version " vCenter Appliance 6.7 Update 3g (6.7.0.44000)" I am seeing a number in that column "

what are those numbers and please recommend which patch i should upgrade to ? 3h or 3g ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have applied the latest patch to a number of vCenter servers. so far no issue.

Unfortunately, there is no release note for vCenter server 6.7 u3h but according to below link there are some security fixes for Photon OS.

VMware vCenter Server Appliance Photon OS Security Patches

So I suggest to apply the latest patch.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have applied the latest patch to a number of vCenter servers. so far no issue.

Unfortunately, there is no release note for vCenter server 6.7 u3h but according to below link there are some security fixes for Photon OS.

VMware vCenter Server Appliance Photon OS Security Patches

So I suggest to apply the latest patch.

0 Kudos
jsnow0445
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks , is there any outage /service impacting while upgrading it to latest patch ? i guess i can directly patch it to 3h from 6.7 u3  ?

0 Kudos
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

-While updating it will show you how long you'll have a downtime of your vCenter server.

-Yes you can.

0 Kudos