VMware Cloud Community
Mike2k14
Contributor
Contributor

Input type for Dual List

Hi all,

I would like to use a dual list as input for software which should be installed on VMs.

But it seems I cannot find a suitable input type for the Dual List element.

Anyone out there who successfully used Dual Lists in standalone vRO ?

Greetings,

Mike

8 Replies
Mike2k14
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ARomeo,

I´m on vRO 8.1.First i head to Inputs/outputs and define an input varible. Then i step over to "Input Form" and try to change the "display type" of the variable to "dual list",
At least that´s the plan.. because whatever variable type i use -> string,number, properties... ArrayOf... I cannot select "dual list". It only provides me Data Grid, Multi Picker, Dropdown, etc.

So I thought I used the wrong sort of Input variable.. in the linked document I can´t find a hint to this problem.

Mike

0 Kudos
drewstizzle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Did you figure out how to do this?  I'm also going through the same issue.

0 Kudos
LukasWe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I'd also like to know how I could use this input type for an input parameter. Would be very beneficial !

0 Kudos
stdrv
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi all,

vRO currently does not support that custom form component for any types. Support for arrays of simple types (i.e string, number, date..) will be added in 8.3.

hb302
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Is there any way to have a predefined list of strings where a user can select a subset and pass it to the workflow?

I guess 8.3 won't be released very soon...

0 Kudos
Chris0976
Contributor
Contributor

Like many things in vRO, this is possible, but accomplishing it is not obvious.  Here's a solution:

On the Input Form, add the dual list field with the values populated how you like.  Add a workflow input of a string and add it as a hidden field to the input form.  Set the value of this hidden field to be a computed value with the operator concatenate, and use the value from the dual list field as the source.  This results in a comma separated string of values obtained from the dual list.

0 Kudos
hb302
Contributor
Contributor

Been there, done that. But unfortunately with no success. The selected items are beeing combined to a string in the hidden input but vRO won't let you start the workflow and gives you an error message as you press on "RUN".

Even if you leave away the input string and have absolutely no logic, only the dual list object, it fails as soon as there is at least one item selected in the dual list.

Dual_List_Fails.png

0 Kudos