VMware Communities
Fatehdz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Share folder issue

Hello everybody,

I have created and enabled a share folder on a window host machine, in order to access to it from Ubuntu 20.04 installed on the VMware Workstation 15. When I execute the command vmware-hgfsclient the name of the share folder appear. However, I could not find it and the folder hgfs which should be created under mnt folder does not exist.

Please, I appreciate your help on this issue.

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you disable the shared folder and enable it again from VM > Settings > Options > Shared Folders, and try to access it again in guest OS?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Please post threads in the forum area for the product you are using. Thread moved to the Workstation Pro area.

The Code of Conduct gives more guidance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you disable the shared folder and enable it again from VM > Settings > Options > Shared Folders, and try to access it again in guest OS?

0 Kudos
Fatehdz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It works. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you fail to see hgfs mount point in future after power off and power on the VM, please follow this KB in your Linux VM  to solve the issue:

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos