13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2020 1:17 AM by LucD

Unable to set the physicalNIC speed config value to auto-negotiate

Jayasreek93 Novice

I'm hoping someone could tell what's wrong in this expression. I have less/no experience in scripting. I ran this script from vmware powercli and I connected to vcenter.

This is to set the configured speed(mentioned in the screen shot) of a physical nic of an ESX host to auto negotiate, which is currently set to 10000 MB.

physical nic : vmnic0

configured speed to be set: auto negotiate

VMhost name value is changed to xyz here.

I have 80 more hosts for which the vmnic values are to be set to autonegotiate as per the recommended settings. 4 nics are present for each ESX host. Totally I have to modify 320 times in order to perform this manually and get this fixed. Can someone help me with a script

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-VMHostNetworkAdapter -vmhost xyz.contoso.net -PhysicalNic vmnic0 -AutoNegotiate

Result:

Set-VMHostNetworkAdapter : Cannot bind parameter 'PhysicalNic'. Cannot convert the "vmnic0" value of type "System.String" to type

"VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Types.V1.Host.Networking.Nic.PhysicalNic".

At line:1 char:80

+ ...  -vmhost xyz.contoso.net -PhysicalNic vmnic0 -AutoNe ...

+                                                            ~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-VMHostNetworkAdapter], ParameterBindingException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.Host.SetVMHostNetworkAdapt

er