VMware Cloud Community
Herry_Lie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Pairing vSphere Replication accross different version

Hi friends, I really need some advices about vSphere replication.

Our both Data Center have different version of vSphere.

DC A version is 6.7 and DC B is 6.0

We are planning to update all host in DC B from 6.0 to 6.7. But we need to failover all VM from DC B to DC A.

And my question is

1. Can we pairing vsphere replication accross different version?

Let say my DC A using vSphere replication 8.1 and my DC B using vSphere Replication 6.1. Is it possible pair both of them?

2. Can we install vSphere Replication 8.1 in vSphere 6.0 environment?

I read the vSphere documentation that vSphere replication 8.1 fully support in vCenter 6.0 environment.

I would be very happy if someone can share their experience about vSphere Replication

Thank you Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Herry,

Please refer following information:

1. vSphere replication should be running on identical versions across sites. If you have  source VR at 8.1, then the destination VR should also be running on 8.1

VMware vSphere Replication 8.1 Release Notes (Please refer note under installation section)

2. vSphere replication 8.1,8.1.1 can be deployed in vSphere 6.0 U3 and later versions(Upto 6.7 U2. 6.7U3 and later would require 8.1.2, 8.2, 8. versions).

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

I hope that helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Hi there,

About 8.1 in 6.0 yes you can but 6.0U3 only. For this I recommend you to have always at hand the Compatibility Matrix website VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

pastedImage_0.png

I did not found details about that two versions specifically, It should work I think, but in my experience I would recomend that you upgrade and have the same version if possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Herry,

Please refer following information:

1. vSphere replication should be running on identical versions across sites. If you have  source VR at 8.1, then the destination VR should also be running on 8.1

VMware vSphere Replication 8.1 Release Notes (Please refer note under installation section)

2. vSphere replication 8.1,8.1.1 can be deployed in vSphere 6.0 U3 and later versions(Upto 6.7 U2. 6.7U3 and later would require 8.1.2, 8.2, 8. versions).

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

I hope that helps

0 Kudos
Herry_Lie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, sorry for late response.

I think i must try it in my lab to prove the document statement.

Thank your for your advices. It help me a lot :smileygrin:

0 Kudos