VMware Communities
Yoncho
Contributor
Contributor

Network services failed in Linux installation VMware workstation

Hi, I've installed VMware in Arch from AUR:

I Installed all the dependencies(fuse2 gtkmm linux-headers pcsclite libcanberra ncurse5). Then:

yay -S --noconfirm --needed  vmware-workstation

Then I enable and started those: $ vmware-networks.service vmware-usbarbitrator.service vmware-hostd.service

and whenver I verify the Network service and hostd.service i got these errors:

$ sudo systemctl status vmware-networks.service vmware-hostd.service

yoncho@ ~]$ sudo systemctl status vmware-networks.service  vmware-usbarbitrator.service vmware-hostd.service

● vmware-networks.service - VMware Networks

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/vmware-networks.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2020-06-27 19:37:06 -05; 33min ago

Process: 719 ExecStartPre=/sbin/modprobe vmnet (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Process: 726 ExecStart=/usr/bin/vmware-networks --start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jun 27 19:37:05 myhostname vmware-networks[726]: Failed to start DHCP service on vmnet1

Jun 27 19:37:05 myhostname vmware-networks[726]: Failed to start NAT service on vmnet8

Jun 27 19:37:05 myhostname vmware-networks[726]: Failed to enable hostonly virtual adapter on vmnet8

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname vmware-networks[726]: Failed to start DHCP service on vmnet8

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname vmware-networks[726]: Failed to start some/all services

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname vmware-networks[726]: Started Bridge networking on vmnet0

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname vmnetBridge[838]: Bridge process exiting.

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname systemd[1]: vmware-networks.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname systemd[1]: vmware-networks.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname systemd[1]: Failed to start VMware Networks.

● vmware-hostd.service - VMware Host Daemon

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/vmware-hostd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2020-06-27 19:37:06 -05; 33min ago

Process: 783 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/vmware (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Process: 806 ExecStart=/usr/bin/vmware-hostd -a /etc/vmware/hostd/config.xml (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Main PID: 806 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jun 27 19:37:03 myhostname systemd[1]: Starting VMware Host Daemon...

Jun 27 19:37:03 myhostname systemd[1]: Started VMware Host Daemon.

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname systemd[1]: vmware-hostd.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Jun 27 19:37:06 myhostname systemd[1]: vmware-hostd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code

In :

sudo modprobe -a vmw_vmci vmmon

I got error

modprobe: WARNING: Module vmmon not found in directory /lib/modules/5.6.15-arch1-1

I'm missing something in the installation? I'd like to know what's the reason its failing the network. I followed the  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VMware  and https://computingforgeeks.com/install-vmware-workstation-on-arch-linux-manjaro/​ .I've always installed VMware in Windows before and use VMware with no problem. I'll colaborate giving information.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm not a linux guy, but I think the discussion in https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vmware-workstation/  might be helpful.

0 Kudos
Yoncho
Contributor
Contributor

I read the wiki

After the first installation of this package, you should never have to manually load the vmmon module because it is already loaded at startup (see /usr/lib/modules-load.d/vmware.conf). So, after a kernel update and before reboot, the module compiled for the running kernel is already loaded (no need to load it again) and during the reboot the module compiled for the new kernel version is loaded (no need to load it too).

And If I think that's correct whever

But when I start  the Machine in Vmware I get this error

No such file or directory.

Please make sure that the kernel module `vmmon' is loaded.

0 Kudos
popsi12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, have you solved this problem? I have exactly the same issue.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

重新下载对应版本的内核

0 Kudos