VMware Communities
giorginoz
Contributor
Contributor

Connect 2 virtual machines?

How can I connect 2 vm via LAN on vmware so as to connect one vm to the other vm that uses the tor service?

Let me explain I wanted to route the connection of one vm to the other vm with tor the only problem is that on vb I used whonix and I said to use an internal network to the vm that I mainly used. Now I use vmware xchè is more powerful than vb

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

The VM you want to use for routing must have 2 network connections.  1 either bridged or NAT, however you wish to reach the outside world.

The second use a custom connection, and select one of the unused VMnets (2-7,9).

The second VM also use custom connection and the same VMnet used by the first VM.

0 Kudos
giorginoz
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your answer I have another question do I have to open the virtual network control panel for costum networks? In the affarmative case what should I do in the panel??

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This should help: Using the Virtual Network Editor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
giorginoz
Contributor
Contributor

sorry it doesn't help me unfortunately I don't understand much about these things..

0 Kudos
giorginoz
Contributor
Contributor

so guys I put two network cards to the VM that has the Tor service where I have a NAT and the other a costum... and to the Windows machine I put the same costum assigned to the machine with the Tor service... Now I have  these 2 problems that in the machine with the Tor service when I turn it on it tells me that I have eth1 on and eth0 off and I don't know what broadcast / gataway I have to put in the VM with Windows... Any suggestions?

0 Kudos