VMware Edu & Cert Community
jamiestarr66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

NSX-T 2.4 to NSX-T 3.0

Hello all

I just recently obtained my NSX-T 2.4 cert, now the NSX-T 3.0 cert track is now available.  Will there be an test specifically to upgrade to 3.0?  Also I just

began preparing to take the NSX-T 2.4 VCAP test.  Does the NSX-T 2.4 cert qualify you take the NSX-T 3.0 VCAP test.

Thanks in advance everyone....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VMware certifications are no longer titled after product versions, so if you completed the requirements for your certification this year you already hold the latest certification VCP-NV 2020.

Until the NSX-T 2.4 exam is retired, VCP-NV 2020 can be achieved by passing either the 2.4 exam or the 3.0 exam:

VMware Certified Professional - Network Virtualization 2020 (VCP-NV 2020)

There's nothing to stop you taking the 3.0 exam now, but passing it won't award you a new certification if you're already a VCP-NV 2020.

There won't be a 2.4-3.0 upgrade exam, for the reasons above.

You'll see on the VCAP pages that it's the VCP year which counts nowadays too - so if you're VCP-NV 2019 or VCP-NV 2020 you meet that requirement for VCAPs.

VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Network Virtualization Deployment 2020 

VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Network Virtualization Design 2020

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VMware certifications are no longer titled after product versions, so if you completed the requirements for your certification this year you already hold the latest certification VCP-NV 2020.

Until the NSX-T 2.4 exam is retired, VCP-NV 2020 can be achieved by passing either the 2.4 exam or the 3.0 exam:

VMware Certified Professional - Network Virtualization 2020 (VCP-NV 2020)

There's nothing to stop you taking the 3.0 exam now, but passing it won't award you a new certification if you're already a VCP-NV 2020.

There won't be a 2.4-3.0 upgrade exam, for the reasons above.

You'll see on the VCAP pages that it's the VCP year which counts nowadays too - so if you're VCP-NV 2019 or VCP-NV 2020 you meet that requirement for VCAPs.

VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Network Virtualization Deployment 2020 

VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Network Virtualization Design 2020

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jamiestarr66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fantastic...thank you so much.

0 Kudos