If you are getting alert related to hardware error then please engage with your hardware vendor to perform hardware diagnostics.
Additionally please check hostd.log for "IPMI SEL unavailable".
This can lead to hostd service being unresponsive hence disconnection state from vcenter.
Hope this helps.
We have the same issue on some of our Dell R740 servers.
As you see in the screenshot the "Host hardware sensor state" alarm is triggered for a lot of different sensor types at the same time. The hardware itself has no problem (therefore false positive alarms).
We are using VMware ESXi, 6.5.0 U3, Build 15256549 with vCenter 6.7 U3.
We have no idea what is the root cause of this problem.
can you try the sensor Reset and restart sfcbd-watchdog service
To clear warnings and errors:
- Click the Hardware Status tab.
- Click the System event log view.
- Click Reset event log.
- Click Update to clear the error.
- Click the Alerts and warnings view.
- Click Reset sensors.
- Click Update to clear the memory.
If the issue persists, restart the management agents:
- Connect to the ESX/ESXi host using SSH.
- Run this command to restart the sfcbd service:
In ESX: /etc/init.d/sfcbd-watchdog restart